C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieter than GHL's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
pdykinga
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04 & '05
Default Quieter than GHL's?

I may have to move the vette to daily driving duties and I think the headers/ghl's might be a bit too much. I was thinking about changing the exhaust to:
1)Bassini
2)Magnaflow
3)Callaway

I have "heard" that the Magnaflows have some drone and that the Callaway Double D is pretty quiet. Any other info would be appreciated. I have had the Corsa Touring (tugboat sound bothered me) and the Borla (drone made me insane).

Many thanks!!

Pete
Old 05-08-2006, 03:13 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

What GHL's are you running? I went from the ZO6 Ti's to GHL's w/ 6 inch cans and the car sounds great. Not too loud below 3k but starts barking above 3k. I run full H/C with LT's and hi-flow cats. Even my wife likes the sound. It is much louder but deeper than the Ti's.

Also take a look at the Ti's. They sounded good on my car but I wanted my loud pedal back.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
pdykinga
Racer

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

I agree, I absolutely love the sound, but during the summer with the top on and running errands in traffic all day it starts to bug me. I would love to have the same "sound" only slightly muted.

I believe I have the bullets.

thanks!

Pete
Old 05-08-2006, 07:58 PM
MY1STPEWTER
Melting Slicks

I'm also running the Ghl bullets with headers and love the sound. I'd think the ti's would be your best bet if you wanted to tame it down a little. Other than that, you'd probably have to get rid of the headers.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:03 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by WKMCD
What GHL's are you running? I went from the ZO6 Ti's to GHL's w/ 6 inch cans and the car sounds great. Not too loud below 3k but starts barking above 3k. I run full H/C with LT's and hi-flow cats. Even my wife likes the sound. It is much louder but deeper than the Ti's.

Also take a look at the Ti's. They sounded good on my car but I wanted my loud pedal back.
Ya what he said.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD

Kevin - you and I are thinking alike again. I'm selling my Ti's and am installing the GHL Bullet Series exhaust for the same reasons. Mike
Old 05-09-2006, 07:20 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Kevin - you and I are thinking alike again. I'm selling my Ti's and am installing the GHL Bullet Series exhaust for the same reasons. Mike
You're going to love the GHL's!

Get notified of new replies

To Quieter than GHL's?

Quick Reply: Quieter than GHL's?