C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else have water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:08 PM
gamisou
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone else have water leaks?

It's been raining for a week here in CT and more is to come. Problem is with this much rain my car starts to leak. It is leaking from the hatch weatherstrip near the speakers and maybe the door or top. Water gets behind the passenger seat could be dripping down from the hatch though. This is only a problem with alot of rain. I tried greasing all the seals, helped some. Any other ideas or should I just get new weatherstripping,who has the best prices?
yes I read the sticky already
thanks steve
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Steve

I have been down this road and solved my issues. The very best way to find a leak is to strip out the carpets and trim and have at it on the outside with a hose! Believe me, you will find the leaks. Its very difficult to try to guess where the leaks are. If you have a window leak, the door glass is adjustable in many ways and that is an easy fix!!!

Most of my leaks were in the passengers foot well and drivers foot well.

Hea,,,I live in Gales Ferry down near the Groton Submarine Base. If you cant find the leak, give me a call.

Bill
Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 PM
gamisou
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try that to see if anything else is leaking. The hatch is a deffinate I can see the leak. don't think I'm gonna need the hose the way it's raining.I'm in the New haven area. Are you getting as much rain where you are,pretty much entire CT is getting drenched.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Oh yea!!! LOTS of rain! Is the hatch area drains unclogged?? There should NOT be any standing water in the well around the hatch. It should be able to drain from the two front and the two rear drains.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To anyone else have water leaks?

Quick Reply: anyone else have water leaks?