C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04' Z06 trans fluid capacity

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:41 AM
SilentFright
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04' Z06 trans fluid capacity

The T-56 in my 02' Camaro SS took 4 qts. of fluid. Being as though the C5 uses the same manuel case I would think it holds the same. I just want to make sure before I change to Royal Purple synchromax.

Also I am changing my diff fluid to Royal Purple Max Gear 75W90. I believe I still need to add a friction additive correct?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
mneblett
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by SilentFright
The T-56 in my 02' Camaro SS took 4 qts. of fluid. Being as though the C5 uses the same manuel case I would think it holds the same. I just want to make sure before I change to Royal Purple synchromax.

Also I am changing my diff fluid to Royal Purple Max Gear 75W90. I believe I still need to add a friction additive correct?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew
The manual sez the T-56 takes 3.8L, but that's apparently a fresh fill number -- my '04 (non-Z06, but I believe the same tranny case) took about 3.4L when I changed it; that's consistent with others' reports here, between 3-3.5L.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
SilentFright
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much . Any word on the addition of a friction modifier/ additive with Royal Purple Max Gear differential fluid?

Get notified of new replies

To 04' Z06 trans fluid capacity

Quick Reply: 04' Z06 trans fluid capacity