C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI Six Shooter Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just read the info on their web site but they do not address vibration noise which leads me to believe they have the same issue as other after market shifters.

Last edited by craig04c5; 07-04-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craig04c5
I just read the info on their web site but they do not address vibration noise which leads me to believe they have the same issue as other after market shifters.
Incorrect...NO Vibration, NONE, NADA,
Old 07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lloaf
Do you have to hold the shift **** to avoid rattling on hard accelleration ?
I picked one up about a week ago and got installed one night last week. I have not driven the car much, as my seats are now out awaiting replacement with an aftermarket upgrade. I took it down the road a few times and did notice at wide open throttle that there was a little bit of rattle. I think this is due to the fact that the stock shifter had a rubber isolator in the shaft that gave it a damping effect but also caused the spongy feel that so many have complained about. On the other hand, it did feel very crisp and much firmer than the shortened stock shifter that I replaced this with (a nice compromise). Also note that I have the C6 **** on my shifter which does not have much damping characteristics on its own. There was no noise in normal shifting (ie normal driving). I have had a Hurst as well as a BPP shifter in my car and both were to stiff and vibrated like crazy. This was far better than either of those. I believe that I wil really like it once the car is back together. All in all, a good choice for something in between stock and the other options out there.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TOOGECKO
I picked one up about a week ago and got installed one night last week. I have not driven the car much, as my seats are now out awaiting replacement with an aftermarket upgrade. I took it down the road a few times and did notice at wide open throttle that there was a little bit of rattle. I think this is due to the fact that the stock shifter had a rubber isolator in the shaft that gave it a damping effect but also caused the spongy feel that so many have complained about. On the other hand, it did feel very crisp and much firmer than the shortened stock shifter that I replaced this with (a nice compromise). Also note that I have the C6 **** on my shifter which does not have much damping characteristics on its own. There was no noise in normal shifting (ie normal driving). I have had a Hurst as well as a BPP shifter in my car and both were to stiff and vibrated like crazy. This was far better than either of those. I believe that I wil really like it once the car is back together. All in all, a good choice for something in between stock and the other options out there.
Thank you for this info. I had the Hurst shifter in my 6 speed WS6 and did not like the rattle at high RPM but it sounds like the six shooter is not bad.

Quick Reply: MTI Six Shooter Shifter