C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 with adjustable shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Gaylon Babcock
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 with adjustable shocks

I have a 1999 C5 with three-way cockpit adjustable shocks. The adjustable feature is really not worth much so I replaced the shocks with regular Bilstein's. The ride is great but the DIC complains that the shocks are inoperative and shuts the engine down at 80 MPH! Anyone know how to fool the sytem or any fix that doesn't involve buying the stock replacement parts? (Stock parts are very expensive and of course will just fail again eventually)
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Stealthy4
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Gaylon Babcock
I have a 1999 C5 with three-way cockpit adjustable shocks. The adjustable feature is really not worth much so I replaced the shocks with regular Bilstein's. The ride is great but the DIC complains that the shocks are inoperative and shuts the engine down at 80 MPH! Anyone know how to fool the sytem or any fix that doesn't involve buying the stock replacement parts? (Stock parts are very expensive and of course will just fail again eventually)
There should be a wire harness at each wheel, you can put a resistor in the end of each of the connectors and then tape it all off. I cant remember the resistor number though. this will trick the system into thinking the shocks are present. Someone will chime in with the proper resistor number.

Or if you can get a TECHII, you can have the F45 option deselected. Some dealers will do it, other wont.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:30 AM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Try this

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...ory=Suspension

Clayton from Las Vegas
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
jeanlucpicard
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my 2001 to my local tuner and had them deactivate the F45 ride control in my PC and then I installed a set of Bilstein Sports and drove the car up to 160mph to make sure it still worked.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Bikerboy9999
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Resistor tutorial

Anyone have a tutorial with pictures to aid a first timer with this resister install? I have just installed the shocks and learned the dealer wants 90 to deactivate the F45 on the BCM... thinking I can save tons of money by hitting up the Radio Shack. If one of the tech zen masters could walk me through this I'd really appreciate it!

Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Bikerboy9999
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks any way guys, my local shop is going to clear the code with his tech II. Not the cheapest, but easily the quickest way to get back up to 160mph (previously restricted to 80mph).

Get notified of new replies

To C5 with adjustable shocks

Quick Reply: C5 with adjustable shocks