C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code B0026 - Steering Wheel Position Screwed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Casem1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Code B0026 - Steering Wheel Position Screwed

OK, I resolved the part-time ground issue and have my steering wheel and rack lined up properly now. While fixing the latter I turned the wheel too far to the left, now I have code B0026. I tore the dash apart looking for pulled wires, any wires that move with the steering wheel, etc. I found nothing. Then I tried just pulling the 'Air Bag' fuse, but the PCM doesn't like that (no comms...) I just want this code and the airbag light off and I don't want to go to GM.

Any information on this
Old 02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Casem1
OK, I resolved the part-time ground issue and have my steering wheel and rack lined up properly now. While fixing the latter I turned the wheel too far to the left, now I have code B0026. I tore the dash apart looking for pulled wires, any wires that move with the steering wheel, etc. I found nothing. Then I tried just pulling the 'Air Bag' fuse, but the PCM doesn't like that (no comms...) I just want this code and the airbag light off and I don't want to go to GM.

Any information on this
Well damn.. You'll have to take the airbag out of the steering wheel.. And I'm not sure if you can buy that component individually, hopefully you can.

Do a search for Englandgreen's post, he had some pics / items for sale.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 02-09-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 AM
VinnyVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem. I noticed the airbag light only pops on when I tilt the steering wheel down to driving position. I haven't had a chance to tear it apart but I guess it's a loose wire or something.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Casem1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would rather look at the light if thats the case.

Get notified of new replies

To Code B0026 - Steering Wheel Position Screwed

Quick Reply: Code B0026 - Steering Wheel Position Screwed