C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, headlights flicker & work inconsistent

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 AM
gwood
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, headlights flicker & work inconsistent

2 problems, maybe related, maybe not, on my 2000 coupe. (1) slight headlight flicker whenever I use turnsignal or hit brake lights. (2) Sometimes headlights won't open. Inconsistent, but sometimes I have to shut the car off, then turn on the headlights, then start the car again. Any ideas? thanks...
Old 02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Sully1882
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default grounds

you need to review Bill Curlee's sticky on electrical info. I would be willinng to bet you are havinng problems with corrosion in the ground packs....there's tons of info and it is an easy thing to correct! Good luck.

Sully
Old 02-15-2007, 04:18 PM
csr81
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tighten battery terminals

I had a similiar problem on my 99 FRC. Car went completely dead while getting gas one day, which clued me in to the battery terminals. Once these were tightened all of my electrical gremlins seemed to vanish. Watch your volts on the DIC. I bet they are bouncing around quite a bit. After tightening battery terminals my DIC volts are rock steady, usually around 14.2. Hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To help, headlights flicker & work inconsistent

Quick Reply: help, headlights flicker & work inconsistent