C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Sensor Code P0327

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
vette113
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knock Sensor Code P0327

I am requesting someone with experience on DIC Code P0327 Front Knock Sensor to respond and let me know what causes this and what solutions are available? pv1
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
CPapin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In theory you get this message when your engine starts "pinging." Pinging is a result of detonation and occurs when the gasses compressed in the cylindar ignite too early. Sometimes carbon build up in the cylinder acts as the spark for detonation, but low octane/poor quality gasoline can cause pinging. The higher the octante the more you can compress the gas before igniting.

To address this problem try some Techron fuel additive and use "Top Teir" 91 octane gasoline. It may help.

Alternatively, the knock sensor could be bad. Sometimes they just fail.

Personally, I received this code and I had a wire, connecting to the knock sensor, shielding was exposed causing a short when it touched the surrounding metal. Pinging wasn't the problem at all... just spliced the wire and i was good.

Knock sensors are located directly under the intake manifold... the "black thing" on the top of the engine.

This link should give you some guidance.

http://pages.infinit.net/vette747/IntakeManifold
Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Chances are your knock sensor is bad, it could also be the wire from it though. There is a short harness that connects both knock sensors to the main engine harness and sometimes one of the wires will chafe through, the best thing to do is remove the intake manifold and inspect the wiring, if you don't see any problems with the wiring go ahead and replace the knock sensor.

There was a service bulletin issued a few years back that described this fault code coming up and what the dealerships were finding was the front knock sensor was flooded with water and corroded from people washing their engines, the fix was to replace the knock sensor and using RTV make a dam around the opening to help keep water out of the hole the knock sensor goes into.

Get notified of new replies

To Knock Sensor Code P0327

Quick Reply: Knock Sensor Code P0327