C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone see the trickflow package at summit racing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
I thought I read that they changed the geometry on the TF heads, and they no longer need aftermarket RRs. I know my early set have the 7.9" PRs and DO require RR, but thought they'd changed the design slightly? The current ones are supposed to use a 7.5" PR, too.

BTW, I didn't have any fitment problems with the HS rockers and my stock center bolt valve covers.
I had the fitment problem also with my valve covers..I went to a 1/2" valve cover spacer and still had a problem with 4 of the lifters hitting the upper edge of the heads, so i swapped them out for yella terra and these work great and fit great also took away some of the sewing machine sound..
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Whic book are you looking at? I really want to see this.

Thanks
it is the summit racing catalog- I get them in the mail from them after buying parts...the book states the rockers are included with the set.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
byte_me
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettedreamer2
I have this setup, except Lg gx3 plus a non-ported fast 90 and ls2 90tb. Last dyno in 90 degree weather was 457 rwhp on a 45k 98 m6 vette. I still need to fine tune a little more this winter and beleive I will get another 10-15hp

AWESOME! Did you do anything to the running gear or clutch? I am looking at this setup for my soon to be 97 MN6 Coupe....it has 40K miles and is all stock (including the clutch) I wonder how long that would last....I don't plan to drag the car- just make a mean street machine for a daily driver!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Vettedreamer2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by byte_me
AWESOME! Did you do anything to the running gear or clutch? I am looking at this setup for my soon to be 97 MN6 Coupe....it has 40K miles and is all stock (including the clutch) I wonder how long that would last....I don't plan to drag the car- just make a mean street machine for a daily driver!

Not first owner, so I don't know for sure on clutch. I beleive it is original. Looking to update rear to a 4.1 over this winter. pm me if you have any questions.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:06 PM
fallen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
here is one of our customers cars with Trick Flow Heads and Our Custome Cam Dyno with over 500rwhp

http://www.ecsracing.com/ecsracing/showthread.php?t=27

Bob,

Was that car ever run in the quarter, and if so, what was the mph?

Thnaks, Rich
Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by fallen
Bob,

Was that car ever run in the quarter, and if so, what was the mph?

Thnaks, Rich
Hey Rich how is Texas (warmer than here I am sure).....

The car was run at Atco 2 weeks ago. Mike69 was not runing well and Doug said I will give you one more shot then I am going to run your car. Mike proceeded to run 10.9. Doug took 1 run and matched his time

Mike ran 10.9x @ 126 mph
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Twospeed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stand corrected, I was going by the Summit web site info. I don't want to be the guy who posts false info on here. So I called summit because their on line adds say that rockers are not included. They told me that the rockers are included with the three different kits. When you factor in the rockers it looks like a good deal.

Quick Reply: anyone see the trickflow package at summit racing?