C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering rack bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU
whats the trade-off from going from rubber?!?! why did GM not use alum in the first place?!?!

just wondering what I would be sacrificing for better feel// thanks!
GM has to build a car for everyone, not just the high performance driver. So if you have a tire out of balance you will feel it more. IF you have a some waves in the road, you will feel it. If you have some ruts in the road, you will feel it. These are some of the things some people don't want to feel. I and about 65 other people like to feel whats going on.

Randy
Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
What is the MGW part of it???

Randy
Sorry I was thinking of two different things at once. I used the harder durameter Delron round stock material.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Smoove

Awesome idea. I'll do this mod no doubt.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 AM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to bring up an old thread Randy but i want to clarify a few things because i am seriously considering ordering a set. Will i still have to grind down the housing? Or are all the bushings you sell now modified to fit regardless?

I will try calling you Monday since its Sunday morning.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Its_Go_Time
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

I made a set of these out of hard nylon a couple of years ago. I installed them during the winter along with urethane control arm bushings. Because I made two changes at once, I was never able to see what effect they actually had. In retrospect, I can't believe it would be that much. The driver's side of the rack is bolted solidly to the cradle, so how much unwanted movement can the rack actually have in it?

Quick Reply: Steering rack bushings