C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 12:33 PM
zoomnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s

I came across a stock ported throttle body...Customer said it would add about 7 hp! Is this a worth while option?? If it was too much, I could take mine off and have it ported. My point is that I can do which ever is cheepiest, but my question is...is it worth the mod??? Unfortunately I dont know the price...but for 7 hp, around the 200$ range sounds about right. I just want to know if it would really make a difference in performance?? Thanks.
ZOOMNZ
Old 01-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Mell
Racer

Default Re: Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s (zoomnz)

You can send yours to Agostino (ARE) and have it custom ported for around $125. Probably best to use yours. It only takes a few days and they do a great job.

As far as the HP increase, only your dyno run will know for sure. It sure looks better. :cool:

Mell
Old 01-21-2002, 12:49 PM
C5Cemo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s (zoomnz)

I received 5 Rwhp and 1Rwtq after mine was done by MTI. That, in theory, equates to .5 sec in the 1/4 mile. BTW, they only charged $100 for the job.

IMO, it's a small gain but every little bit counts and massaging the stock parts is a must do when you want more power within a tight budget. Also, I have seen gains as little as 0 to as much as 10 depending on the rest of the engine combination and the workmanship of the job. So, see if you can test it out on the dyno before commiting to the purchase.

Here's a pic of mine as a comparison to what you're looking at:

Notice that I had them epoxy up the PCV inlet valve. I decided to do this because I wanted a more streamlined layout and I also didn't want to worry about any n2o getting into the crankcase.

Thanks

[Modified by C5Cemo, 10:50 AM 1/21/2002]
Old 01-21-2002, 01:03 PM
zoomnz
Instructor

Default Re: Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s (Buckmaster)

Good Question Buckmaster...I dont know..will find out...How do I reach ARE so that I can send it to them??

ZOOMNZ

Get notified of new replies

To Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s

Quick Reply: Ported Throttle Body--Stock--???'s