C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 C5 Rear Deck Lid Paint Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we all need to complain to GM and get this resolved. After all they did put out a TSB on this problem. I had my car to the dealer on Thursday, they are supposed to be contacting GM. There is now way that they can put this on C5 owners when they already have admitted that there is a problem with delamination.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Sparxc5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which GM are we dealing with "Old GM" or "New GM"? Heck if it is the New GM, we all own the damn company so free deck lids for all that need it and all Vetts get free oil changes for two years.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
ZIPP IT
Advanced

Default Deck lids

The real problem is GM no longer makes the rear deck lid and they have none laying around. We are forced to use a used one and you dont know if it will do the same thing.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
03sixspeed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This issue was a while back and even the fact that I talked to a GM engineer at Carlisle about this GM did not repair my car. All GM would do was pay for 1/2 of the hatch replacement. This means of course I was really paying for the repair. I declined and the engineer who gave me his e-mail has never replied back to me about the problem. I will just deal with it unless someone else knows of a dealer that can get GM to fix it. My argument with GM was all cars have a 10 year rust thru warranty, but because my car is fiberglass a likewise repair does not count.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Sparxc5
Intermediate

That was a good point to bring up, the 10 year rust thru.

I had mine repaired privately, and sold the car over a year ago now. Not sure if I would ever buy any big ticket GM again.

Quick Reply: 2000 C5 Rear Deck Lid Paint Failure