C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Insulation

Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sound Insulation

Just finished the install of sound insulation provided by forum vendorhttp://www.madvettemotorsports.com/ kit came pre cut and was simple to install and well marked. Lots of spare pieces were included in the kit and I used them to just patch different areas that probably do noting but make me feel better. Kit came with door panels as well as roof cut out piece for under the head liner. Install took 2 evenings and makes the whole car much more quite (also added partition) All in all a good kit

Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 325 Likes on 202 Posts

Looks like you did a prettty good job - is that frost king or dyna mat? Thinking of doing my vert - pretty loud in there now with the new cam/heads/long tubes...
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by dankhts
Looks like you did a prettty good job - is that frost king or dyna mat? Thinking of doing my vert - pretty loud in there now with the new cam/heads/long tubes...
Not sure what material he used will have to ask him. It along with the partition it has made the noise level much much better. I did use elmers spray adhesive on the back (just a little bit on key spots to help hold it in) then taped all the seams.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Just finished the install of sound insulation provided by forum vendorhttp://www.madvettemotorsports.com/ kit came pre cut and was simple to install and well marked.
looks like a clean install. I believe that's the material sold by a forum member.

It's like FrostKing, but it has foil on both sides.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Pchild
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
Just finished the install of sound insulation provided by forum vendorhttp://www.madvettemotorsports.com/ kit came pre cut and was simple to install and well marked. Lots of spare pieces were included in the kit and I used them to just patch different areas that probably do noting but make me feel better. Kit came with door panels as well as roof cut out piece for under the head liner. Install took 2 evenings and makes the whole car much more quite (also added partition) All in all a good kit

Did that help with heat from the transmission? My M6 gets warm in the summer, it's like having a little heater on.

PM me a price on what you paid for all that insulation if you don't mind me asking.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Pchild
Did that help with heat from the transmission? My M6 gets warm in the summer, it's like having a little heater on.

PM me a price on what you paid for all that insulation if you don't mind me asking.
I think you're getting more heat from the exhaust than the tranny...since it's in the rear of the car...
Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
BUGZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
looks like a clean install. I believe that's the material sold by a forum member.

It's like FrostKing, but it has foil on both sides.

Yup It has foil on both sides...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by BUGZ
Vendor ran a special on this site for like 100 bucks pre cut thats why i jumped on it .... Seemed like a good deal
Old 08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

I had same issue with allot of heat in the center console and warm tunnel area .... seemed better this morning but will report more later...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
roysvett
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm me i would like to do the same to mine
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Did the wife's a few weeks ago.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...liday-fun.html