C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto Invo's, anyone have them or recommend them ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Nitto Invo's, anyone have them or recommend them ?

It's come time for new tires.... I'm looking at buys a set of Nitto Invo's.

Anyone have them ?

Any good words about them ?

From what I've been reading on several tire sites. They're quite, have really good bite and driving manners and will last a little over a year with regular driving habits.

Andone care to chime in before I make a decission ?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I have them in 305/30/19 on the back of my C5 and LOVE them. They Hook very well compared to my stock tires, no noise, and seem to be very stable in the twisties as well! I'd buy them again if that helps you out!

Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Superman09
I have them in 305/30/19 on the back of my C5 and LOVE them. They Hook very well compared to my stock tires, no noise, and seem to be very stable in the twisties as well! I'd buy them again if that helps you out!

How long have you had them on your car ?? How fast or slow do they wear ?

I'm looking to use Nittos on all 4 corners.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 PM
trussme
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes I have 18" INVOS on the rear and 17" Nitto 555 extremes on front...
love both! the INVOs replaced Nitto DR's which only lasted 8000 miles.The "reason" is shown in my signature... INVOS ride better, quieter, tread wear is longer.. already have 11,000 on them, bite just as good (at 24psi) as the DR's did at 30psi. Nitto has a video in their site about the development of the INVOS you should watch...that helped me decide to buy them...

I will buy Invos when these wear out!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
red1vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like mine!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
tomurphjr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 305/25-20 Nitto Invo's on the back of mine and love them. Exactly as everyone else described. I'll buy them again!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

I've got 325-30/19s on the rear and 265-35/18 fronts. Love them. Would definately buy again.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

You might want to read this, first BEFORE you buy:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...to_invo_page_4
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave68
You might want to read this, first BEFORE you buy:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...to_invo_page_4
But who drives their car everyday like they're at a road track ??? Sure as heck not me !
And I don't know about most of you, but I'm pay out the WAZOO for goodyears or michelins.

Now back to my question... any others out there with Nitto Invo's pros or cons ?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
ssmith512
Melting Slicks

Received 851 Likes on 444 Posts

I decided to try INVO's on my Z. Roughly 475RWHP N/A. 305/30-19 in the rear. Car went down the drag strip TWICE, and on both occassions I did NOT do a burn out. All other driving was on the street. The tires were mounted in April 2008 and were taken off the car in October 2008. They had approximately 6000 miles on them and they were COMPLETELY worn out. Not down to the cords yet, but all the way down to the tread wear indicators. Cant comment on wet weather performance too much as the vette doesnt go out in the rain. How quickly the tires wore out baffles me a bit as I dont remember being "hard" on the tires. Sure I burned some rubber here and there but never any mosquito clearing smoke jobs. It's weird. Having said all that I am probably going to buy them again (step up in size to 325/30-19). They are quiet, do handle the twisties nicely, have good feedback, very reasonably priced and I thought decent forward traction. Again, I cant really explain why my tires wore out so quickly, but I will be giving them another chance.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
But who drives their car everyday like they're at a road track ???
I do....and I sure the hell wouldn't run Invos the way I drive on the street.
You either drive the car nicely/moderately and run Invos and yes they will do just fine and are a excellent tire for "normal" driving or you drive it hard and nasty like me every day in which case there are much better tires out there.

I love the 1 comment above.. Invos "bite just as good (at 24psi) as the DR's did at 30psi."...Thats a crock of horse crap.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06supercharged
I do....and I sure the hell wouldn't run Invos the way I drive on the street.
You either drive the car nicely/moderately and run Invos and yes they will do just fine and are a excellent tire for "normal" driving or you drive it hard and nasty like me every day in which case there are much better tires out there.

I love the 1 comment above.. Invos "bite just as good (at 24psi) as the DR's did at 30psi."...Thats a crock of horse crap.
So which tire do run on your "every day" canyon carving Vette ??
Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

So which tire do run on your "every day" canyon carving Vette ??
Nitto NT-01's. Ive got 6K on them right now and even with with -1.8 camber front and -1.3 rear they still get decent mileage. I had Nitto 555R2's before and they are no comparison to the NT-01's. Ill never run any other tire on the street for both handling and straight like traction.
I have a buddy that has the Invos and he says they handle great for their cost and such so they are a good tire for the street.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 12-11-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Nitto NT-01's. Ive got 6K on them right now and even with with -1.8 camber front and -1.3 rear they still get decent mileage. I have a buddy that has the Invos and he says they handle great for their cost and such so they are a good tire for the street.
Well all i can say is.... good luck running on a street slick when you get caught in the rain....

I don't know about the rest of you, but my baby is my daily driver and not a garage queen or a weekend/clear-weather car.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Well all i can say is.... good luck running on a street slick when you get caught in the rain....

I don't know about the rest of you, but my baby is my daily driver and not a garage queen or a weekend/clear-weather car.
Ive got 53K on the car so its no garage queen. Its a daily driver and while I dont intentionally drive it in bad weather its no biggie if im caught in it which I only have been a couple times and it was no big deal. Im no ***** driving in the rain with my Nittos. I do just fine.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Ive got 53K on the car so its no garage queen. Its a daily driver and while I dont intentionally drive it in bad weather its no biggie if im caught in it which I only have been a couple times and it was no big deal. Im no ***** driving in the rain with my Nittos. I do just fine.
Never said you were bud.... Thanks for your input. I'll take it into consideration.

Now anyone else have something to add on the Invo's ?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
CalixEros
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith512
I decided to try INVO's on my Z. Roughly 475RWHP N/A. 305/30-19 in the rear. Car went down the drag strip TWICE, and on both occassions I did NOT do a burn out. All other driving was on the street. The tires were mounted in April 2008 and were taken off the car in October 2008. They had approximately 6000 miles on them and they were COMPLETELY worn out. Not down to the cords yet, but all the way down to the tread wear indicators. Cant comment on wet weather performance too much as the vette doesnt go out in the rain. How quickly the tires wore out baffles me a bit as I dont remember being "hard" on the tires. Sure I burned some rubber here and there but never any mosquito clearing smoke jobs. It's weird. Having said all that I am probably going to buy them again (step up in size to 325/30-19). They are quiet, do handle the twisties nicely, have good feedback, very reasonably priced and I thought decent forward traction. Again, I cant really explain why my tires wore out so quickly, but I will be giving them another chance.
I have similar power and the same size tires on my coupe and these things hold their grip extremely well. They almost never spin on a decent road. I have another set of wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports on them and they always spin in first and occasionally in second. If they keep wearing at the rate they are now, I expect 30-40k out of them!

Get notified of new replies

To Nitto Invo's, anyone have them or recommend them ?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CalixEros
I have similar power and the same size tires on my coupe and these things hold their grip extremely well. They almost never spin on a decent road. I have another set of wheels with Michelin Pilot Sports on them and they always spin in first and occasionally in second. If they keep wearing at the rate they are now, I expect 30-40k out of them!
Holy smokes Thats at least 2 years of driving for me !
Old 12-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am on the fence about new tires and Invo are being debated as an option for me along with the hankook ventus v12 they seem to be pretty good too and much cheaper than the michelins and goodyears. Theres a tire test done by car and driver that includes both the invo and hankook you can check out. Just google it.

Rob
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Robert 2000
I am on the fence about new tires and Invo are being debated as an option for me along with the hankook ventus v12 they seem to be pretty good too and much cheaper than the michelins and goodyears. Theres a tire test done by car and driver that includes both the invo and hankook you can check out. Just google it.

Rob
I checked out the Hankooks. The only problem is that they don't make a tire in the 325-30-19 that I need for my rear C6 Z style wheels.

Quick Reply: Nitto Invo's, anyone have them or recommend them ?