C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 shorty header question LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5 shorty header question LS1 swap

I put these headers on my C3 LS1 swap. If you look at these, can you tell if do they require the donut gasket?

It looks like they already have the right flange set-up installed. I thought the C5 OEM manifolds were flat at the ends and the donut creates the roundish shape, like these above style already have welded on.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

T T T

Anyone have thoughts on this. The donuts fit into the header exit bowl, but not sure if this is correct for style header.

This is like the JBA old style shorty headers. I'm using them to mate up to my original 2.5 inch pipes on my C3, to help keep the budget in check.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:40 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

no you not need the donuts. however, it doesnt look like those would seal very well. make sure the mating flange on the h-pipe is nice and clean. the stock donuts are made out of a soft material so it conforms to the flange on the h-pipe. it doesnt appear these would conform very well, so you will need to make sure the surface is clean. if it still leaks, you could try wrapping some gasket material around them. if that still fails, you may just want to cut off the welded on donuts with a hack saw, and install the stock ductile ones.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 PM
MN-Brent
Safety Car

SaberD
Thanks for the reply. Good advice. I'll let the exhaust guy know what our options are when I get there.

B.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 shorty header question LS1 swap

Quick Reply: C5 shorty header question LS1 swap