C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Remove Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default C5 Remove Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding ?

Can someone tell how to remove the Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding on a c5. I know to remove the screw located on the front end but not sure what type fasteners are used. Are they push in, rivet and so on.
thanks
Kerry
Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
glkfam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close but maybe no cigar?

Never did the window seals, but here is a link to a C4. I bet that there is not much difference in the procedure. It should give you at least a guide to go by. Hope it helps
http://www.corvettemagazine.com/tech...dow-seals.html

Originally Posted by bad1968ss
Can someone tell how to remove the Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding on a c5. I know to remove the screw located on the front end but not sure what type fasteners are used. Are they push in, rivet and so on.
thanks
Kerry
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by glkfam
Never did the window seals, but here is a link to a C4. I bet that there is not much difference in the procedure. It should give you at least a guide to go by. Hope it helps
http://www.corvettemagazine.com/tech...dow-seals.html
Yes that looks like it, just wanted to make sure it was rivets before I drill em out. Getting ready for a re-paint so I am pulling everything off.
thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 05:28 PM
glkfam
Instructor

Default Post a picture

When you get the vehicle done, why not post some photos so we can all see the before and after. That is something I hope to postone for a long time if I can. Wish you well with the project.

Yes that looks like it, just wanted to make sure it was rivets before I drill em out. Getting ready for a re-paint so I am pulling everything off.
thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

When you get the vehicle done, why not post some photos so we can all see the before and after. That is something I hope to postone for a long time if I can. Wish you well with the project.
It's not something I enjoy doing but I got this one used terrible neglect from original owner. Front cover, hood, fender tips and mirrors were just bug-blasted and left on for a long time. Other than that I would have left it as is. Here are the only pics I took before I started you can not see the bug rash but believe it was there big time. Not sure if I will put back on CE strips at the cost of them, I would paint them but I am not good enough to match the one color of the carbon fiber look. Will take some of it apart and after. I have done that on many of the cars I have done, even my first vette.

Last edited by XX; 08-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
rich goepfrich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can someone tell how to remove the outer door belt/weather strip molding on a c5. I know to remove the screw located on the front end but not sure what type fasteners are used. Are they push in, rivet and so on.
Thanks
kerry
just remove the front screw then push the seal to the rear till it stops(1 inch) and then pull it towards the window,with window down. That's it...
The following users liked this post:
Bossdog (04-28-2019)
Old 08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by rich goepfrich
just remove the front screw then push the seal to the rear till it stops(1 inch) and then pull it towards the window,with window down. That's it...
Now that's what I'm talking about , worked like a charm
Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
rich goepfrich
Instructor

Now that's what I'm talking about , worked like a charm
Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
glkfam
Instructor

Nice car the way it looks. I hate to say it but I can't see the need for a paint job, but obviously there is a need.

I am glad rich goepfrich showed the proper way to remove that weatherstripping. I know somebody always knows on this forum. What great place!!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
rich goepfrich
Instructor

Nice car the way it looks. I hate to say it but I can't see the need for a paint job, but obviously there is a need.

I am glad rich goepfrich showed the proper way to remove that weatherstripping. I know somebody always knows on this forum. What great place!!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Remove Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding ?

Quick Reply: C5 Remove Outer Door Belt/weather strip Molding ?