C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for steering rack connection

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Wiring for steering rack connection

While removing my steering rack, I popped one of the steering rack connections off of the wires. I ordered new weather pack connectors and am in the process of replacing both ends but I have a question.

One end of the harness has a white and grey wire leading to it. The other end (attached to the rack) has a black and red wire leading to it. Does the polarity matter in this instance? Since the wire was 100% removed from the female end, I have no way of telling what went where.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-15-2010, 06:29 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
While removing my steering rack, I popped one of the steering rack connections off of the wires. I ordered new weather pack connectors and am in the process of replacing both ends but I have a question.

One end of the harness has a white and grey wire leading to it. The other end (attached to the rack) has a black and red wire leading to it. Does the polarity matter in this instance? Since the wire was 100% removed from the female end, I have no way of telling what went where.

Thanks,
Matt

Grey to Red
White to Black
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
YeloFevr
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Perfect, thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring for steering rack connection

Quick Reply: Wiring for steering rack connection