C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs no comm

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Etz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TCS no comm

Just got the car back from a front end repair. (left front wheel ripped off) Everything seems to be repaired correctly. (new harness) The brakes feel mushy and I am getting both abs as traction control lights. When I pull the codes I get an "TCS NO COMM" Where do I start?

Here are the codes
PCM 1571 hc (asr desired torque)

RTD c1780 hc (steering position sensor)

BO-RFA 1016h (PCM no Comm)
1064h (BCM no Comm)
1096h (IPC no Comm)

Last edited by Etz; 03-21-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:52 AM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What did the shop say that "fixed" it? How did the wheel RIP off?

That steering position sensor code could be going off because they didn't hold the steering wheel in position while the steering shaft was disconnected..

I don't know how to re-clock it but there is probably a service procedure for how to do it in the service manual.

Wish I could be of more help

Donnie
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Etz
Instructor

The shop that repaired it, is a local guy. Great with frames, but not worth a crap with electrical. I can re-clock the the steering shaft if needed, but I don't think the shaft was removed. ( the hit to the wheel could have been enough to mess that up) The biggest problem that I see is the no comm issue. Need some ideas..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM
seoulbrooks
Instructor

"No Comm" is an indication of no power/ground or the Bus line is open or shorted. Since you had work done in the front end I would check the grounds carefully on the driver's side just left of the EBTCM. Sorry, I'm at work and do not have the Ground Point #. But if you look at the EBTCM you will see a ground wire going to this grounding point. I would also check the connector on the EBTCM and make sure it has a good connection. If none of that works you will need a meter to start checking voltages/grounds and the bus line. Good luck....
Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by seoulbrooks
"No Comm" is an indication of no power/ground or the Bus line is open or shorted. Since you had work done in the front end I would check the grounds carefully on the driver's side just left of the EBTCM. Sorry, I'm at work and do not have the Ground Point #. But if you look at the EBTCM you will see a ground wire going to this grounding point. I would also check the connector on the EBTCM and make sure it has a good connection. If none of that works you will need a meter to start checking voltages/grounds and the bus line. Good luck....

Get notified of new replies

To Abs no comm

Quick Reply: Abs no comm