C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct wiper motor install???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Pwrtrip75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Correct wiper motor install???????

I read the thread about how to change it, but it said nothing how to put it back together aligned right.

I installed a new motor and without the wipers on tested it, shut it off so they are in the rest position. Then installed the wipers.

When they come on they dont go all the way up, stop in the up position, do a 2 inch back track and then return down and slam on the rests.

When on high they slam on the rests.

The directions said align some things.. but the picture you couldnt make out anything.

Anyone know whats up? How to fix?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 AM
YearOneC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into the same problem. I knew from reading through a thread on this forum that you should mark where the motor gears line up before you take it off.

I had trouble getting it to come off and shook it loose and unfortunately "lost" the spot where it was suppossed to be.

Bottom line, it comes down to trial and error. I just kept adjusting the motor gears while it was installed in the tray, but left the bolts semi loose so I could test and re-adjust. I think the biggest time consumer was walking around the car to take the wipers on and off after each adjustment.

It was a PITA and I got it close to where it should be but its still a few inches off.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:45 AM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrtrip75
I read the thread about how to change it, but it said nothing how to put it back together aligned right.

I installed a new motor and without the wipers on tested it, shut it off so they are in the rest position. Then installed the wipers.

When they come on they dont go all the way up, stop in the up position, do a 2 inch back track and then return down and slam on the rests.

When on high they slam on the rests.

The directions said align some things.. but the picture you couldnt make out anything.

Anyone know whats up? How to fix?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...iper-arms.html
Old 05-20-2011, 10:04 AM
ICUALL
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

From the above thread -
I think this picture will speak 1000 words. I had the same problem all of you were having. After hours of experimenting, I found that this picture shows EXACTLY how the motor should be positioned in "PARK". My blades park correctly in intermittent, and park correctly when shut off now.

Loosen the center screw lift the cam and position as close to possible to what is shown in the picture. Fought this battle last week-end and the picture was the key to resolving it. Note the top cam is released from the "Notch" and slot is aligned at the "bottom" screw when looking from the Fender !

Get notified of new replies

To Correct wiper motor install???????

Quick Reply: Correct wiper motor install???????