C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and traction control light

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 03:45 PM
ramvette01
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fitbody
My ABS and Traction Control light comes on sometimes and will not go out. Need help
I have a 2001 and have the same issue occasionally, but I'm able to clear it by hitting the reset button. Then, after I shut the car off and then start it again it does not appear.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:33 PM
Music
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TCS/ABS intermittent and Error Codes

The type of problem that you are describing here usually required EBCM servicing. There are a few common problems that include intermittent solder joints on the circuit board, a bad relay, or even an unrepairable control board, depending on the year. GM changed the EBCM for my model which is a 2003. The older models may be far less serviceable.

Through the 16+ years I have owned the car, I have had to service the EBCM twice, first required a relay replacement (error code was a correct diagnosis) and second time required resoldering broken solder joints inside the unit that were attributed to heat and vibration (error code was different and intermittent after resets, but a more or less correct diagnosis indicating ABS/TCS fault)

Last edited by Music; 10-28-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: ABS and traction control light