C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with p0111 and p0113

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Neck Breaker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help with p1111 and p0113

Hello forum members.

Before you all beat me over the head about using the search button let me say I've research this code to death and still can't seem to fix it. I've replaced the IAT and after 3 start up the check engine light comes back on with the same codes. P1111 H C and P0113 H C.

Before I change the wires I was having the active handling message pop up on my DIC but after changing the IAT this time no more active handling as of right now.

I've changed the IAT and double check the wires to make sure they are connected correctly. No issues there. What should be my next step to fix this issue before I take it to the stealership. I'm not a fan of driving my car with the check engine light on.

Thanks in advance. BTW I have a 99 6 speed Vert. No engine mods bone stock.

UPDATE........

I thought I fixed the issue but looks like the codes came back. No CEL as of right nowp and no active handleing warm up message.
FYI: I'm not the best person to work on cars so any help would be great in plain english.

Last edited by Neck Breaker; 02-23-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Updated due to codes coming back.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Look this up on "gearchatter" they have great diagnostic tips to figure problems and causes---In plain english !!!
IAT codes are pesky little devils and are often just false codes caused by age/extreme weather---If you already replaced it then look at the wires - If you have an aftermarket CAI or even just a K&N drop in type filter--that could be it as well--They get soaked in filter oil and foul--try cleaning it with brakeclean
The ultimate fix would be for a tuner just to permanently set those codes to "not reported" and "no mill" gone forever !!!
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic...ighlight=p0113
Old 12-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Neck Breaker
Pro

Update...

I check the DIC and I had the following codes with No CEL. P0113 C and P1111 H C. I went to AutoZone Friday night and bought the Air Charge Temp Sensor (part # SU176). I took the old one out and replace it with the new sensor. I didn't start the car up until the next morning and I never reset my codes. I wanted to see what would happen. I drove it to the Richmond Cars and Coffee and recieved no CEL. Left C&C and headed home and still no CEL. Pulled into the drive way and checked my codes. The P0113 disappeared and the P1111 code is now showing history.

So my issue was the IAT sensor itself was bad. Replace the sensor and as of right now no issues. (Knock on wood) So for any new people replace the connector to the IAT and if that doesn't fix the issue you may want to replace the sensor.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Neck Breaker
Update...

I check the DIC and I had the following codes with No CEL. P0113 C and P1111 H C. I went to AutoZone Friday night and bought the Air Charge Temp Sensor (part # SU176). I took the old one out and replace it with the new sensor. I didn't start the car up until the next morning and I never reset my codes. I wanted to see what would happen. I drove it to the Richmond Cars and Coffee and recieved no CEL. Left C&C and headed home and still no CEL. Pulled into the drive way and checked my codes. The P0113 disappeared and the P1111 code is now showing history.

So my issue was the IAT sensor itself was bad. Replace the sensor and as of right now no issues. (Knock on wood) So for any new people replace the connector to the IAT and if that doesn't fix the issue you may want to replace the sensor.
Replacing parts without troubleshooting is unnecessary. All you need is a service manual and a meter.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Neck Breaker
Pro

I thought I fixed this issue but it came back on me this week. Lucky131969 what would be the next step to fix this issue. At this time it showing up at H C and a C but I have no CEL as of now. But that a matter of time. And no active handling warm up issues yet.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with p0111 and p0113

Quick Reply: Need help with p0111 and p0113