C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro products Typhoon Intake Manifold Opinion help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Lets go in the middle and say 20rwhp gain!

It's going to cost you $1000 to buy and install one

I don't mean to offend anyone!

But $1000 for 20hp! That is "JUST STUPID"

I have over 600hp at the wheels, I did not buy the Typhoon for gains, I did it because it looks bad *** and I need bigger fuel rails! Sorry!!!
Your not offending me at all bud

but I just wanted to see your reasoning thats all

Btw look how much people spend on new catbacks and LG headers and each one alone doesnt net that 20 hp just saying

But hey your boosted and a FAST can only take so much, hence why Im selling mine to my friend lol and grabbing a victor JR.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
Your not offending me at all bud

but I just wanted to see your reasoning thats all

Btw look how much people spend on new catbacks and LG headers and each one alone doesnt net that 20 hp just saying

But hey your boosted and a FAST can only take so much, hence why Im selling mine to my friend lol and grabbing a victor JR.
You Just want to be like Brett, I love Bustin *****, I need to go back to work, I've been off for almost 3 weeks on vacation!

You never should have sold your sweet Haroop setup, I spelled that wrong I know!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
You Just want to be like Brett, I love Bustin *****, I need to go back to work, I've been off for almost 3 weeks on vacation!

You never should have sold your sweet Haroop setup, I spelled that wrong I know!
Well Ill be a twin turbo so I guess Id be he other half (expcept with that kind of money to spend )

I didnt want to sell it but the money it would have taken to boost it would have taken a whillleeee to save up for. And no dont go back to work, do the tub, widen wheels, and enjoy life lol

Im about to pull the trigger on some TSW's but gotta sell my rims and tires first
Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

OP Sorry to get side tracked, back to your original question, this is a nice intake that comes with fuel rails and AN fittings to hook up to stock fuel lines. It will flow better than the LS1-6, but not a FAST. It also comes with either 85mm or 96mm if you want to go with a bigger TB.

The fitment issues have been corrected for several years now and the company stands behind their products.

If you are looking to add some HP with some nice bling, than this will work for you.

If you are looking to spend a little more $$$ and want the most HP gains, than the FAST would be the better choice.

Good Luck on your decision, hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

That's the nice thing about boost. Just crank it up.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Originally Posted by WKMCD
THANK YOU!! I have a friend that all he does is talk about how he will always be faster than me no matter what I do. I have a twin turbo kit, he's Big CI NA.Boost controller is all I need, But Im not even gonna bother with it.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I think the avid forum readers often lose sight of the big picture. Not everyone cares about the same things. There are plenty of car show people that would much prefer that intake over a FAST.

Granted... we should all be so kind as to report functional problems with products. For example, GMS MAFs. Those serve no purpose but to lighten your wallet (aesthetics, performance and fuel economy are all next to nil).
Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WKMCD
100% This intake is for some Bling as I am lacking some of that.

I am going to throw my car on the wheels in the spring before my retune to see what the gains are under boost! It would be cool to see 20-30hp! Just wishful thinking I guess, at least it will look good!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

To the OP, intake manifolds are one of your last upgrades for a ls motor. Do your headers, intake filter/track, cam and heads. If thats not enough then do a intake manifold. Like others have said its not the most cost effective upgrade till you running out of other things to do.

I personally gained 31 rwhp and 29 rwtq when I went from a ls6 to fast 102. I do have a 408 with a trick flow 225 heads though.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 75 Posts

In regards to the Typhoon intake can anyone confirm if it has privisions to accept the factory EGR setup in the front of the intake?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FrankieD
In regards to the Typhoon intake can anyone confirm if it has privisions to accept the factory EGR setup in the front of the intake?
Yes it does have a plate that can be removed for the EGR! I am having mine covered and welded closed as I have a S/C and do not want it to leak ever!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 75 Posts

That's great to know, as I'm considering this intake over the LS6 for when I go S/C and need to be Emissions compliant in case of roadside visual inspection. Do you happen to have a pic of what the underside looks like?

Last edited by FrankieD; 12-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I would take that over an ls6 or fast on a high boost setup, would like to know if it is atleast as good as a stock intake distributing flow evenly to all the cylinders. I think I guy in my hometown was the first to try one of those out back in the day.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Jakeoman
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Polished 85mm typhoon manifold and picked up almost 20 rwhp with my current setup. Granite there are alot of tricky fitment issues but once you get this intake sealed its incredible. Looks awesome. Heat soak are for people doing 10+ hot pulls at a track. What idiot does that many in a day anyway? Setup was vrx5 cam, hardened pushrods and springs, vararam cold air intake and bellow, 25% UD pulley, JBA long tube headers, catless x, B&B bullets, NGKtr55 plugs. Was 375 rwhp. went up to 401 rwhp with the install of this intake. Overall unless you get a screamin deal on the Typhoon like i did... its better to just to save for a FAST or LS6 for a easy 15 rwhp gain with headers + cam. if you can get your hands on a typhoon polished for under 400 tho... nail it, because your going to gain 18-25 rwhp for the same price of most LS6’s. Youll gain more than a FAST 78, BBK SSI, or LS6 ported or unported.
The following users liked this post:
Not4spd (10-03-2015)

Quick Reply: Pro products Typhoon Intake Manifold Opinion help