C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Door Panel Comlpetely Dead??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:13 PM
jsanders88
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver Door Panel Comlpetely Dead??

The entire driver side door panel is completely dead. The locks, the windows, memory, etc. nothing works. The only thing that DOES work on the driver side is the speakers, which I thought was strange. I replaced the battery (it was due for replacement anyways). I've replaced the fuses, cleaned 2 chassis grounds located on either side of the car near the coolant reservoir tank and same location on the other side. None of this helped. I then took the door panels off and checked for exposed wires and didn't find any. I then took the passenger side control module that powers the windows and locks (which works) and tried it on the driver side, and still I got nothing. Does anybody know what else it might be??
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
keicey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same issue. but mine shows all the weird message, like service tire soon, check active handling ......

it just randomly gonna work again for mine
Old 02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
jsanders88
Heel & Toe

Yeah mine was throwing a bunch of random failures as well, it hasnt freaked out like that since I replaced the battery yesterday, but I just did do the rest of the previously named things today so who knows they might come back
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
keicey
Instructor

is you keyfob still working? mine doesn't
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 PM
jsanders88
Heel & Toe

yeah, my keyfob still works. Is it just the battery thats dead in your keyfob? or have you already replaced the battery in it.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM
keicey
Instructor

my Keyfob is new, the only difference between us is the key fob is not working on mine. I hope people will gonna help us about this.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
jsanders88
Heel & Toe

I think I've found the problem. After taking my door apart again, I just so happened to wiggle around and mess with the accordion rubber piece connecting the door to the rest of the car, and It started to work again. I'm assuming that I have a wire grounding out in there somewhere, I just gotta find it. I don't know if you've tried that yet, but see if its a wire grounding out on your wire harness leading into the door.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Sundevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a thread around here somewhere addressing exactly the issue with the accordian area of the doors...particularly the side attaching to the car. Pop it away from the car and you'll likely find some worn inuslation around the wires causing a short. A little electrical tape and my driver's side was back to working again.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
keicey
Instructor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ith-my-c5.html

this might help
Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
PetersC5
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the ground connection behind the kick panel in the foot well. i had the same issue and it was the ground........
Old 02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
keicey
Instructor

Originally Posted by PetersC5
Check the ground connection behind the kick panel in the foot well. i had the same issue and it was the ground........
I'm kinda unfamiliar with the kick panel, can you post a picture where the ground Is located please
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
PetersC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by keicey
I'm kinda unfamiliar with the kick panel, can you post a picture where the ground Is located please
I refer to the kick panel as the interior trim to the left of your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.
I'm in the northeast and the vert is locked away for the winter so i cannot get a picture for you.
I don't recall exactly where the ground connection was behind the panel but it was behind this interior trim. I found it tracing the wires out of the door, through the rubber boot and into the car. the dealer wanted to replace a module and someone clued me to look for the ground.
Hope it helps, takes 10 minutes to pull the dead pedal and hood release to pull the panel
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
PetersC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by PetersC5
I refer to the kick panel as the interior trim to the left of your left foot when sitting in the drivers seat.
I'm in the northeast and the vert is locked away for the winter so i cannot get a picture for you.
I don't recall exactly where the ground connection was behind the panel but it was behind this interior trim. I found it tracing the wires out of the door, through the rubber boot and into the car. the dealer wanted to replace a module and someone clued me to look for the ground.
Hope it helps, takes 10 minutes to pull the dead pedal and hood release to pull the panel
try this link, its got good manual pages showing the ground, #1 is the drives door i reference
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...tion-long.html
Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Peter b dragon
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My drivers door has no power nothing works on it no red light no lock no opening frm inside or out no mirror nothing....but I can roll down pass side window frm it and can control pass side mirror frm it .....I'm lost checked normal stuff wires new batt. Fuses nothing changed out door pad fm other side changed out lock button still nothing ,......wht is the deal anyone help me on this

Get notified of new replies

To Driver Door Panel Comlpetely Dead??

Quick Reply: Driver Door Panel Comlpetely Dead??