C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help TAC

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 PM
krzytrain
All Aboard!!!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help TAC

I recently had some modifications done on my 99 convertible. I had the following done.
Cam
Heads
3000 stall
Fast 102 LSXR intake
Nick Williams 102 throttle body
Kooks headers
Cold air intake
Corsa exhaust

I have had it completed for about 4 months and in that time this has happened 3 times to me, 2 of those times were just yesterday.

Here is what it does.... Out of the blue the car feels like it is running on about 2 cylinders and the DIC says active handling traction control then says reduced engine power. All 3 times I was able to pull the key and start the car back up and drive away. Yesterday it did it 2 times within about 15 miles of each other. After the second time yesterday I turned off the traction control and drove about 100 miles with no issues. Every time it has done it ive been cruising down the highway about 70 mph. Yesterday I looked up the codes and the only current one was P1516 which is "command vs actual throttle position performance (TAC module)". After driving the car about 30 miles the P1516 went to history and the check engine light went off. There are a lot of codes in the history right now, below is a list of those.

Just a little concerned since Friday morning I'm making the 8 hour drive to Talledega to drive on the track for the vettes4vets event.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the codes currently
P1516 command vs actual throttle position TAC module
C1278 TCS temporarily inhibited by PCM
U1016 loss of communication with PCM.... There are several of these
B1001 couldn't find what this is
U1000 loss of communication undetermined
U1096 loss of communication with IPC..... there were a couple of these
U1255 serial data line malfunction
U1160 loss of communication with LDCM
U1064 loss of communication with BCM
C2120 I didn't have TPS's

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 PM
seegeer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default same problem

I have the same problem in my 97, my codes came up P1571 and P1644. I know one was to replace the PCM which was done in 2008, the other is EBTCM? Abs light is on too. Hopefully someone knows the solution.

Quick Reply: Please help TAC