C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who have removed the seat springs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Mike99C5HT
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For those who have removed the seat springs...

...how the heck to you put them back on? I removed the four coil springs under the driver's seat about 6 months ago. Head room is much improved and you feel the road much more but I'm thinking I feel the road a bit too much...especially on highway trips. I want to put the two outermost springs back in. The problem is that there's no way I can stretch the spring far enough to hook with just a pair of pliers. What kind of tool can get the job done?
Old 05-24-2002, 10:32 PM
SilverMN6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For those who have removed the seat springs... (Mike99C5HT)

I have taken apart other Vette seats, but so far no C5 seats, but I think seat spring technology is about the same. I'll try to save you from paying the learning costs I paid. You can jury rig by usings different pliers, long screwdrivers or long metal rods to leverage and slide the spring down, but one good slip can damage you or the Corvette. - that's a very stiff spring made to support lots of wieght. Your best bet is to stop by an auto upholstery shop. They will get the spring back on so fast you won't believe it.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:35 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: For those who have removed the seat springs... (SilverMN6)

I took mine out and left them out... Never tried to put them back in... what about using a brake Tool?? Those are used for taking off and puting back on Springs...

vetterdstr :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To For those who have removed the seat springs...

Quick Reply: For those who have removed the seat springs...