C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBA Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Jerryk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JBA Shorty Headers

Anyone installed the JBA Shorty Headers which im thinking of getting or should i go with the B&B Shorty Headers.. Yes i know Long tube are better but ill be intalling them my self and i understand the shortys are a bolt on. :eek:
Old 06-07-2002, 10:14 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JBA Shorty Headers (Jerryk)

Hey Jerry,
I've put them in GM trucks and those fit very well. They are a PITA though. I believe that the Vette headers should go well too. Probably 6 hours to install the first time through the drill. If you want to come up to Sac and are going with the JBAs, I'll help you put them on. I'm looking at doing a buy in with JBA to become a distributor, cause we do both C5s and GM trucks.

This way I could offer you some assistance, a lift and tools, and see how they go in with out buying them myself. Let me know if you are interested. Give me a call 916-564-1632.
I'll be in the shop from 9am to noon this Saturday and we are open tuesday through friday from 9 to 6. If you want me to do the work I'll give you the fatty discount on labor.
Mark
Old 06-07-2002, 10:39 PM
JTE
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 4-7, 9 & 10 Veteran

I have JBA shorties (ceramic coated) with Corsa indy's and Corsa X-pipe. I love the finish of these headers. I don't have baseline dyno. But, with the above exhaust, it read 306 rwhp and 323 rwtq. I went with the shorties because I wanted to keep the factory cats and make it easier to go back to stock if necessary.

[Modified by JTE, 9:42 PM 6/7/2002]
Old 06-08-2002, 02:55 AM
Nate@CorvetteGarage
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
St. Jude Contributor '04

JBA makes a good product. We used to sell them when we were full retail selling all products for all cars. I would not recommend the shorty header only because there is little to no gain for the money. Please email me if you have further questions. Dont want to start a header war, lol.

Nate

Get notified of new replies

To JBA Shorty Headers

Quick Reply: JBA Shorty Headers