C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Check Light on!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:22 PM
kazoo794
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder what would happen if I just pull the stock filter off and put only the dual cone filter on. Before I was using the MAF that came with the dual cone filter, I am wondering if that could be bad.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by kazoo794
Wonder what would happen if I just pull the stock filter off and put only the dual cone filter on. Before I was using the MAF that came with the dual cone filter, I am wondering if that could be bad.
You left that little detail out. Go back to the stock MAF. If that MAF was a Granetelli MAF they have been known to cause lots of problems.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
kazoo794
Advanced

Ok! I knew I had tried almost everything short of the retune, and being that the stock system worked and the dual filter system was so simple I figured it had to be electrical. I am going to try that this evening when I go home. Who would have thought bolt on would be so difficult.

Another question, does anyone ever run regular gas in their Vette's? I do on occasion, when I purchased my ride, the dealer told me to drive the car and don't store it in the garage. I have had it from day one May 2004 with 6 miles on it now currently have over 122k miles on it and have had very few problems out of it. I love my Vette, rain sleet or snow we can go and she still looks good. People can't believe the miles on it when they see it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
chaase
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

Ok! I knew I had tried almost everything short of the retune, and being that the stock system worked and the dual filter system was so simple I figured it had to be electrical. I am going to try that this evening when I go home. Who would have thought bolt on would be so difficult.
I don't run regular in my Vette. I have heard of people doing it in the colder months but the incremental cost of a tank of premium compared to regular is not worth any risk.

Driving a vette is a good thing. There is no reason to leave them in the garage. Mine is a third vehicle so it is low mileage but I drove it to work today and yesterday.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
kazoo794
Advanced

OK, I know that you are tired of hearing this never ending saga but, I have good news. I put the same dual cone system back on but with one exception, I changed the MAF out and replaced it with the stock one now guess what, NO MAL CODES!!!

Thanks for everyone's help and input, next thing I would like to do is add more Bolt on horse power any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 PM
chaase
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

OK, I know that you are tired of hearing this never ending saga but, I have good news. I put the same dual cone system back on but with one exception, I changed the MAF out and replaced it with the stock one now guess what, NO MAL CODES!!!

Thanks for everyone's help and input, next thing I would like to do is add more Bolt on horse power any suggestions?
Headers?

Quick Reply: Engine Check Light on!