C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Traction/ABS possible battery issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM
1sickz51vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service Traction/ABS possible battery issue?

Hey guys I've been having issues with the service traction/abs light coming on at exactly 35 mph for quite awhile and have been dealing with it. I always thought for sure it was the RF wheel speed sensor which I looked up the code on here, especially since I just replaced it with an "cheaper" hub assembly about a week or two before the problem started. I recently was reading that if the battery isnt putting out enough amps it will cause all kinds of electrical gremlins. My battery is an Optima Redtop which I've actually had nearly 6 years now and thought it was still going strong. I had it load tested the other day and it came back to like 320 amps compared to 720 I believe it is rated at. Could this be the cause of the issue? I did check the wiring to the sensor and it was not pinched or anything, just thought it was random that code pops on the sensor i replaced.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM
1sickz51vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Possible but not likely. While it is certainly true that low battery can cause all sorts of strange electrical issues it's not likely that it would produce just one and over and over again. Did you serparte the connector halves and inspect the pins for damage/ deformity / corrosion? Those along with damage to the actual wires are usually the cause for the code.

Also what code are you getting? Many code lists have the left and right code swapped.....
Yes i did pull apart the connector and it was clean as new, no bent pins or anything appeared to be broken. I am getting the following codes:

TCS: C1224H, C1232H

PCM has one code too: P1571H
BCM has three codes: B2592H, B2721H, 2723H

If it is not the batter issue, my guess is inferior parts seeing it happened shortly after the new hub install. I've only has the light pop on a couple of times over owning the car 8 years, most of the time going over a big bump.

Quick Reply: Service Traction/ABS possible battery issue?