C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help service column lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM
hector88
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help service column lock problem

I have a 2001 z06 with a service column lock problem. I first had this problem about 6yrs ago but a clb solve it until recently. The service column lock and pull key for 10sec messages both came up. I figured the bypass had gone after 6yrs so I disconnected it and the car worked fine for about a month. After I got the message again, I ordered a new clb but that didn't help. Car turns off anything over 4mph. In the instructions said that it could also be the key so I went and got a new one since I was still using the original. With the new key the pull key wait 10sec message went away but the service column lock is still there. Car keeps turning off. Any suggestions what I should do next?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 AM
bob22z06
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What he said. .!!..just follow the installation steps and u should be k...when I was doing mine I put lmc5 in my Z ..it was little confusing at first but i took my time and double check everything and so far no problem. ..
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 PM
hector88
Burning Brakes

Thank you for the quick reply and I'm very sry for the slow response by my part but I was out of town. I just checked and the female connector I plugged my clb into has four wire coming out the back. Purple white green and black
Old 03-27-2016, 01:54 PM
hector88
Burning Brakes

the car doesn't have the K harness installed. I tried 3 different bypasses different brands and still I have the message and car turns off. Any other suggestions on what it could be?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:53 PM
hector88
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Column Lock Relay (CLR) may be fried or corroded. Without it working properly voltage never gets to the CLB so the CLB then doesn't provide the intended function.

CLR is located in the passenger foot well above the BCM. Depending upon the RPO's in your car there will be more than on relay above the BCM. CLR is easily recognised by the wire colors going into the wiring base of the relay, 1 Green, 1 White, 2 Orange and 1 Purple.

Replace the relay and see if that helps. Examine the relay connectors for corrosion. Plugged wiper well rubber udders causes water from the wiper wells to back up into the car and the CLR is right there where the water would back up. If no corrosion then the relay is likely fried due to low battery voltage

Here is a pic of a CLR.

And here is a pic of the inside of a fried CLR:

Just noticed the date of the original post, 2 years ago. Apparently this has not been a big issue failure for you if it is still happening 2 years, almost to the day, later....
Yeah I just had the car in the garage and it was about time I use it... I put the Clr yesterday and the car worked but today the problem came back

Get notified of new replies

To Please help service column lock problem

Quick Reply: Please help service column lock problem