C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raising your lowered C-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:25 PM
riverrat68
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default raising your lowered C-5

When I got it it was a little low.. No Problemo.. Newer house steeper driveway. I need to know if I tighten the stock bolts or back them off to raise the front end a little?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

You turn them clockwise, to extend them a little. BE CAREFUL, the C-5s are getting a little old now, and those screws might be frozen in place. If you "horse" them, you risk breaking the threaded insert loose, and if you do, it's new spring time.

Also, in order to handle correctly at speed, the C-5 needs a little "rake" to keep air flow pushing the hood DOWN, not getting under the car and causing lift. Raise the front, and you might have to raise the rear a tad too....

And you'll need a wheel alignment afterwards, too.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:46 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Likely it was never aligned after it was lowered. People always neglect to do that. It might be a good idea to support the car by the frame so that the control arms hang. this should put a lot less pressure on the bolts as you turn them.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Shoot them with some WD-40 and let them soak overnight to make sure they twist smoothly. Here's a good write up on how to lower the car so you should be good picking it back up by reversing the process...

http://www.101corvetteprojects.com/t...r-c5-corvette/

Get notified of new replies

To raising your lowered C-5

Quick Reply: raising your lowered C-5