C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Run Flats any good

Old 04-22-2014, 08:40 AM
myjoedee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Run Flats any good

Hi,
I had posted earlier about a problem I had with Michelin pilot A/S tires I just got with the steering wheel shaking. Long story short Michelin covers them and they are coming off. Now the question is should I get the Michelin run flats? Just a little more money but I am concerned the ride may be hard and more tire noise. Does anyone have these on their car? Happy with them?

Thank you,
Joe
Old 04-22-2014, 12:07 PM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

I've had a set of the Pilot Sport 2 A/S ZP's(runflats) on the car for over two years now. Excellent tire if you want RF's. Night and day difference from Goodyear runflats in ride/handling quality and noise.

I've read comments on this forum that the 3rd generation of this tire is now available.

Last edited by MAC5; 04-22-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Bob Chapman
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree with MAC5 - they wear well and are MUCH quieter that Goodyears.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM
zz28zz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No complaints with mine. I got almost 60K miles out of them. The fronts are ready to be replaced. The rears have a little bit of life left in them. They do very well in the wet and dry. I'll be ordering another set soon.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
flyboyslc1
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by myjoedee
Hi,
I had posted earlier about a problem I had with Michelin pilot A/S tires I just got with the steering wheel shaking. Long story short Michelin covers them and they are coming off. Now the question is should I get the Michelin run flats? Just a little more money but I am concerned the ride may be hard and more tire noise. Does anyone have these on their car? Happy with them?

Thank you,
Joe
I have the all season run flats. they replaced the Goodyears. Nice ride and quieter too. I would buy them again.

steve
Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 AM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Been running PS2 A/S ZP for years - terriffic tires

Replaced GY runflats several years ago on my Vert. Much quieter and better handling than OEM tires. Don't think you can get the ones I have but they are outstanding tires. Had them roadforce balanced.
Good as new with over 20K miles on them.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:41 AM
coia96vette
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the ps as zps on my 04 and have no problems at all with them. Very good tire.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
myjoedee
Advanced

Default Run flats

Thank you for all the replys. I am going with the run flats. Sounds like I will be happy with them based on all the feedback.

Joe
Old 05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
myjoedee
Advanced

Originally Posted by myjoedee
Thank you for all the replys. I am going with the run flats. Sounds like I will be happy with them based on all the feedback.

Joe
Got the new Michelin run flats installed on Sat. I cannot believe how nice these tires are. The ride is great and quiet. They also look a lot better than the non run flat Michelins. I think they ride better than the non run flats and I have no more vibration in the steering wheel. After reading all the stuff about switching to non run flats I was worried I was doing the right thing going with the run flats. So if anyone wants to know if the Michelin run flats are any good I want to tell you they are great.

Joe
Old 05-05-2014, 08:49 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by MAC5
I've had a set of the Pilot Sport 2 A/S ZP's(runflats) on the car for over two years now. Excellent tire if you want RF's. Night and day difference from Goodyear runflats in ride/handling quality and noise.

I've read comments on this forum that the 3rd generation of this tire is now available.

I replaced the OEM tire with them and they are definitely an upgrade.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin Run Flats any good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michelin Run Flats any good