C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED Help ASAP on AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Chichi1986
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED Help ASAP on AC Problem

I need help with my ac guys. I have a 2003 Z06. The AC has been acting up on me this past few days, turning off on me on its own. Now whenever i turn on the ac button the button will light up for a few seconds than turn off on me. The Compressor clutch does not actuate. I hooked up ac lines to it ans have perfect pressure in both the high and low sides. I changed the relay and still had no luck with it. I randomly touched the wire that runs from the compressor to to wiring harness and fuse box and it turned on all by itself. I have a code showing on my dash that reads (B0361 Left Actuator Feedback Short to GND). I took appart the harness and followed the line all the way back to the fuze box and found no problems with the cables at all. A friend of mine who is a vette tech said i might need to replace the fuze box panal or maybe even the ac control unit in the car. I need help, please. Has anyone had this code or problem and solved it. I know my compressor itself is fine and not leaking and has freon and i know the compressor works. It just doesnt want to start and stay on. I live in miami so its hot. HELP ME ANYONE!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Chichi1986
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tested the volt on the wires that plug into the compressor and the negative side is fine but the positive side is not recieving power. I read somewhere that if there is a short to the ground in the system the clutch will not engage. Is this correct.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chichi1986
I tested the volt on the wires that plug into the compressor and the negative side is fine but the positive side is not recieving power. I read somewhere that if there is a short to the ground in the system the clutch will not engage. Is this correct.
Bill Curlee has done a bunch of write ups on AC and electrical issues. He might chime in. You may try a search if you haven't already.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...rt-to-gnd.html

Get notified of new replies

To NEED Help ASAP on AC Problem

Quick Reply: NEED Help ASAP on AC Problem