C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential Turn Signal Rate

Old 06-22-2015, 10:46 AM
gmsuv
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sequential Turn Signal Rate

I have a C5 that I have installed the plug and play sequential turn signal harness an exterior leds all around with the hyperflash harness. The hyper flash harness has corrected the flash rate but the sequential turn signal rate is so fast that it is almost indistinguishable. Is there a way to slow down the turn signal rate?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Originally Posted by gmsuv
I have a C5 that I have installed the plug and play sequential turn signal harness an exterior leds all around with the hyperflash harness. The hyper flash harness has corrected the flash rate but the sequential turn signal rate is so fast that it is almost indistinguishable. Is there a way to slow down the turn signal rate?
I have to admit, I have no idea, but I would suggest you look at the sequential flash unit and see if it has an adjustment pot to turn. If not then get the manufacturer/make/model and look for a user manual or schematic. You can also add that info you find on the thread and someone may have a solution.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 AM
GM350Z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe try using stock bulbs and see if the flash speed slows down?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by GM350Z
maybe try using stock bulbs and see if the flash speed slows down?
The standard bulbs are too slow turning "on" for sequential lights (from my experience). The LEDs are much faster and effective.

As for reducing the flash rate, recommend talking to the sequential circuit manufacturer or maybe the retailer.

I designed my own sequential circuit (have them on my 2 Vettes, and some friends Vettes, but not interested in making them for a "living"), and included a trim pot (potentiometer) to adjust the flash rate to my liking.

Good luck,
Plasticman
Old 06-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Originally Posted by Plasticman
The standard bulbs are too slow turning "on" for sequential lights (from my experience). The LEDs are much faster and effective.

As for reducing the flash rate, recommend talking to the sequential circuit manufacturer or maybe the retailer.

I designed my own sequential circuit (have them on my 2 Vettes, and some friends Vettes, but not interested in making them for a "living"), and included a trim pot (potentiometer) to adjust the flash rate to my liking.

Good luck,
Plasticman
Do you have a schematic of your design? I would build one for myself. Much more fun than buying one, but easier than designing one myself. I haven't done circuit design for 30+ years and I am more than a little rusty
Old 06-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Voodoo13
Do you have a schematic of your design? I would build one for myself. Much more fun than buying one, but easier than designing one myself. I haven't done circuit design for 30+ years and I am more than a little rusty
Certainly agree.

I used components that I either had in stock, or could get through Digi-Key. Best LED bulbs (brightest) were from Radio Flyer, although even with his Anti Hyperflash circuit, I still had to add some 10 ohm load resistors to prevent hyperflash when the Hazard switch was pushed.

I also have CAD drawings for the PCB layout and the heat sinks I added "just as a precaution". The box was a small "hobby box" from Radio Shack, and I mounted it in the trunk.

You have a PM.

Plasticman
Old 06-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Certainly agree.

I used components that I either had in stock, or could get through Digi-Key. Best LED bulbs (brightest) were from Radio Flyer, although even with his Anti Hyperflash circuit, I still had to add some 10 ohm load resistors to prevent hyperflash when the Hazard switch was pushed.

I also have CAD drawings for the PCB layout and the heat sinks I added "just as a precaution". The box was a small "hobby box" from Radio Shack, and I mounted it in the trunk.

You have a PM.

Plasticman
I how you dont mind but i'd like to get the design too if you up for it?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Stroker87
I how you dont mind but i'd like to get the design too if you up for it?
You have a PM.

Plasticman
Old 01-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Guam135i
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you guys built plasticmans sequential? Since we are in the sequential signal lights I like to install one without changing bulbs or anything else. What is the best one out there which has less hassles? Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 12:16 PM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

You have a PM.

Plasticman
I'd like to try to build this also,if you don't mind sharing. Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Originally Posted by old stingray
I'd like to try to build this also,if you don't mind sharing. Thanks
Send me a PM with your email address, so I can attach the schematic and drawings.

Plasticman
Old 01-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Plasticman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Guam135i
have you guys built plasticmans sequential? Since we are in the sequential signal lights I like to install one without changing bulbs or anything else. What is the best one out there which has less hassles? Thanks
The standard incandescent bulbs do not turn on fast enough (in my expereince) for the sequential turn signals. LEDs work nicely with their faster turn on.

I tried with the incandesent bulbs, and was not happy. Besides, the Radio Flyer LEDs are that much brighter. And yes, I tried some Ebay "superbright" LEDs, and wasted my time and money.......I am a slow learner.

Plasticman
Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 AM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Send me a PM with your email address, so I can attach the schematic and drawings.

Plasticman
PM sent. Thanks
Old 01-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Originally Posted by old stingray
PM sent. Thanks
And email (with schematic and drawings sent back).

Good luck,
Plasticman

Get notified of new replies

To Sequential Turn Signal Rate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sequential Turn Signal Rate