C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

secondary air check valve passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default secondary air check valve passenger side

I read a whole lot about the secondary air systems and many thanks to all who contributed to earlier threads on the topic.

My code is P0410 and it turns out the vacuum line from the intake to the pass side fender well is leaking. So I thought I would remove the intake and route a new vacuum line and while I'm at it I'll replace the passenger side check valve.

My question to you guys that have replaced the check valve is did you remove the assembly from the engine or somehow removed the check valve from the assembly? Neither method looks easy and I'm seeking advice.

Thanks,

Craig
Old 09-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The pipe thread between the pipe and valve is usually a bitch to get loose so,,,, it is easier to remove the entire pipe/valve assy.

Apply a little antiseize to the new valve threads.

BC
Old 09-13-2015, 08:08 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Bill,

I did get it changed. I used a medium deep 1/2" socket on a flex handle rachet to get the mounting bolt loose. The valve was so tight to the pipe that I had to put the 7/8" wrench in the vise.

Now I just have to get some vacuum line and fittings and get the intake back on.

Get notified of new replies

To secondary air check valve passenger side

Quick Reply: secondary air check valve passenger side