C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unknown wires found

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Christian327
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Unknown wires found

So I found these wires under my seat just disconnected and have no idea what they were for. Did a little research and see that they may control telescoping steering and memory features? Am I supposed to 'plug' these in somewhere or what must I do with these wires? Also my telescoping steering & lumbar controls do not work if that sheds any light (Never worked from purchase)...I also found this switch or something under the center console. Have zero idea what that is for or about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images     
Old 02-02-2016, 01:30 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

I just did a white wire under console check, I feel your pain.
I really can't help with the loose wires, but that switch is not factory. I'd bet the PO hooked up a kill switch for theft prevention. Either that or maybe fog lights, nitrous...?
Old 02-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Christian327
Racer

Originally Posted by grantv
I just did a white wire under console check, I feel your pain.
I really can't help with the loose wires, but that switch is not factory. I'd bet the PO hooked up a kill switch for theft prevention. Either that or maybe fog lights, nitrous...?
Yea, its super weird...I never noticed it before but when I got the double din installed, all of a sudden it popped out, on the drivers side...Both sides of the switch say 'on', whatever that means lol
Old 02-02-2016, 02:18 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Is there a central position? Center off, up or down to close circuits...? Even though they only used one tap.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Christian327
Racer

Originally Posted by grantv
Is there a central position? Center off, up or down to close circuits...? Even though they only used one tap.
No central position, literally just an on or...on lol hmmm...super curious.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:01 PM
loganc5
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those plug into the blue plug in your picture (they slide through the back and snap in, I believe with the little metal 'tail' facing outwards. it will slide in smoothly and click into place if you did it correctly.):

Here's the pin configuration if you want to plug them back in:
Name:  WdkExIV.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  503 Bytes

It's likely that the switch for the power seats is bad, causing battery drain issues, so they unplugged the problematic wires.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Christian327
Racer

Sounds simple enough lol ! I'll plug them in and see what happens...the power seats still work back and forth, just the lumbar has never worked. That may be why...thanks for the insight.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Christian327
Racer

Ok so I was able to get the two black wires in and the red one. I think they are in the right order, and now the memory for the power seat works! But the purple one is being a pain to get in. Is there a special technique to push these in there. It's tough with the seat still there. I'm going to take a little break and update later.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Christian327
Racer

Ok so I was dumb and was trying to hook it up while it was attached to the other blue part lol my hands couldn't get in the right position...but now I detached the blue thing off and got all the wires where they need to be. Now my memory function works and also the seat moves when I take the keys out. So all is well with that....my telescoping steering never had worked before but now it makes a noise as if the motor is trying to do something but nothing happens I had hoped that that function would work too...also does anyone else have any idea what this plug is for? Still trying to figure that one out.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Unknown wires found

Quick Reply: Unknown wires found