C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continental Elite Serpentine Blets for '99?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 01:36 PM
bpanders
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Continental Elite Serpentine Blets for '99?

I'm looking to replace my serpentine belts for my 99 coupe and from what I've read the 99 used a different length belt than other years. Continental's website indicates I need 4040420 for the AC and 4060802 for the alternator. I'm trying to order on Amazon and it indicates the 4040420 is not appropriate for the 99? Can anyone confirm what the proper belts are and/or point me in the direction of a good vendor to get them from?

Thanks!
Brian
Old 06-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I cannot confirm whether part number 4040420 will work on the 99 but I did purchase this AC Belt last year from Amazon. When I review that part again Amazon states it will not fit on my car. I do not know why they are saying this but it did work for my '01. It's possible some genius couldn't get the belt on and then complained to Amazon stating that it doesn't fit thus causing them to update their site with incorrect information.

If someone confirms the AC belt didn't change between years then I would go with 4040420 like Continental's website says. I do know it was a PITA to get on but it did go.

Edit: I just checked again and Amazon lists this belt as a Serpentine belt. That is probably why it says it doesn't fit. The most current review is from someone with a C5 and he states its' the AC belt not the Serpentine as Amazon lists it.

Last edited by Macleod52; 06-13-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:49 AM
bpanders
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your help. I ordered from Summit this morning.

Get notified of new replies

To Continental Elite Serpentine Blets for '99?

Quick Reply: Continental Elite Serpentine Blets for '99?