C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 base model with auto. trans.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 PM
mikeurbas
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 base model with auto. trans.

I've been having problems with my fuel gauge. car has approx. 59,600 mi. when tank is half full or less, gauge will fluctuate, meaning, it read go below and above quarter or half indicators by a few gallons. also, it will read empty, and alert me to check gauges, when there is still fuel in the tank? as always any help would be appreciated!!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 PM
mikeurbas
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fuel gauge sender codes

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
One of the most common issues posted in the Forums.

Many hundreds of posts about this symptom....

Start by running the fuel down to about 1/3 tank. Then add a large bottle (20 Oz) of Techron Plus and then fill the tanks with your favorite premium fuel. Sometimes takes several treatments to clean off the corrosion on the fuel tank level sensors. Then once a year treat the tanks as a preventive measure.

Worst case is that the treatments will not clean off enough of the corrosion and you have to replace the sensors. There are 2 sensors, 1 in each tank. Before going the replace sensors route post your codes as there is usually one or more codes that will tell you which sensor is the offender. Most likely it will be the one in the passenger tank
how do I find said codes?
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 PM
foggy
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

Techron concentrate !!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 base model with auto. trans.

Quick Reply: 2000 base model with auto. trans.