C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side mirror points down when unlocking with fob

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 11:49 AM
stinkydragon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side mirror points down when unlocking with fob

When I unlock the car with my key fob, my sideview mirror on the driver side (only this side) will point down. This isn't a broken drive system. It starts in the correct position (where it was when I last set it) and I can hear the motor running to point it down.

It seems like it's some issue with the memory system. I reset the mirror each time, and I save this in memory 1. I made sure that my key fob is set as 1 by reprogramming.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?
Old 03-24-2017, 04:01 PM
kart76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing. I'm not sure when it does it but I'll be going down the road and notice it has gone down. It doesn't do it all the time but when looking back to make a quick move to another lane and the mirror isn't where it's supposed to be is scary. Hope somebody can help us.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:53 AM
hron61
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

weird, only my drivers side mirror aims down a little while driving after i set it.
curious to what the issue is as well.

Last edited by hron61; 03-25-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:31 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

I have the same issue with the driver’s door mirror when I use the keyless entry. I have turned off the easy entry option. And did what the manual says “A memory recall can be stopped by pressing any memory seat, mirror or steering column position button.” Then I disconnected the battery for over an hour. Nothing stops the mirror from moving. So now I just use the key to unlock the car when I do not want to deal with the mirror issue. Just another anomaly with the C5.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver side mirror points down when unlocking with fob

Quick Reply: Driver side mirror points down when unlocking with fob