C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads up display C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Hiram
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heads up display C5

When I adjust the display screen up as high as I can with the controls on the dash it is still so low on the windshield that I can only see part of it. Is there another way to move the display up.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 440 Likes on 324 Posts

I don't know how tall you are. I'm 6'2" tall and I actually have to lower mine to see it. Have you tried adjusting it the other way?

If you don't know, the position on the windshield will not change. Only the angle does to accommodate different height driver's.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

There is a mirror inside that has a history of dropping. I can't say for sure if this is the case for yours.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 02
There is a mirror inside that has a history of dropping. I can't say for sure if this is the case for yours.
But it could be a pretty good chance it is
Old 04-21-2017, 06:36 AM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Here is the fix if in fact your display is broken. It does require some time and effort to get it working again.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-display.html
Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

A forum member posted this a while back. I forgot to write his name before saving.

If you haven't already, place the ignition key in the on position with the drivers window down. Stand outside by the door and with a flash light (if needed) look through the windshield down into the HUD while adjusting up and then down the HUD display toggle switch on the left side of the instrument panel. You should be able to see the mirror move back and forth within the 2 proximity switches located on the right in photo.
If there is completely no movement, you may have a blown fuse (either #19 or 25) located in the fuse panel under the foot board on the passenger side.

If no blown fuse: Just this last week my HUD completely quit after I traveled over a high and rough railroad crossing. I dismantled the console to remove the IPC and sure enough the ribbon cable from the HUD that connects to the top rear on the IPC was not seated all the way. I re-seated it and the HUD worked again. Worth a try and besides, getting to the HUD involves the first step of dismantling the middle console.

Get notified of new replies

To Heads up display C5

Quick Reply: Heads up display C5