C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car battery died from new lights, jump start made car faster

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:00 PM
corvettenoob1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car battery died from new lights, jump start made car faster

Ok, title sounds funny I know, but I am running an A4 2004 vette with full headers and straight pipe, intake and custom tune. I put hir highs and lows rated at 55watts(suppose to be). Within 30 minutes of adjusting the lights which ended up being horrible no matter if they were brights or not. THe car wouldnt start. It clicked away but wouldnt turn over.
Voltage read less than 8 and the low voltage flashed across my dash.

I jumped the car using cables. I know your not really suppose to and boom It is back at a healthy 13.8. So went driving to make sure everythng worked out great and nothing dropped unless when the keys are on that 12.8 is normal, other than that It was back to normal.

Today I was coming home and decided to open her up from a rolling start and in mid first I floored it with traction it spun the tires through the rest of first and through second pitching the car at an angle abit.

Now Its never done this before no matter if i was in competitive mode or not. It wouldnt spin, just squat. Now it squats a bit and spins from 1st to second without a hiccup. Its a whole new car now.

Is there anything I need to check before I do anything like that again? Did a fuse blow before or what?

Quick Reply: Car battery died from new lights, jump start made car faster