C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear speaker amp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:09 PM
kramdua
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker amp?

2002 c5. my stereo has great front speaker performance with stock bose radio and speakers. my rear speakers would barely put out. i installed some after market speakers to replace the rear and it's a little better. i looked at the radio wiring diagram and see the bose processor is for all speakers. my question is can i add an amplifier to the rear speakers. i have a small new amp i bought for something that i never used so i don't need to buy anything to try it.
thanks,
mark
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Unfortunately the rear speakers are getting a Bose conditioned signal that is not that great. Changing the speakers or adding an amp to the rears will not do anything.

If you want any real sound you need to replace the whole system.

Gary
Old 07-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

The rears are usually for mid fill.
Having full range sound coming from behind you is not how music is usually listened to.
It is supposed to sound like you are facing the band.
Why would you place the main source of audio behind you? It would make more since to upgrade the front speakers and add an amp.

Get notified of new replies

To rear speaker amp?

Quick Reply: rear speaker amp?