C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS Stage 1 auxillary fuel system or BAP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Default ECS Stage 1 auxillary fuel system or BAP?

Hi All - Seems my cammed V3Si needs more than my racetronix 255lph can provide.

I've been looking at the various BAP kits, or the really nice looking ECS stage 1 aux. kit, as I cant seem to find a drop in 340lph pump.

Anyone have info on a 340lph drop in like the racetronix or the ECS kit, install tips? I'm pretty clear on what the BAP offers, and I know they are used all the time.

Anyone do any comparison of the BAP vs. Aux pump? I'm running out of fuel at the very end of the pull, after 5500 rpm.

Doug?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

IF you should decide to use a BAP, I strongly recommend NOT using a vacuum actuator or your pump will get hit with 17 volts every time you turn the key to start the car. If you have a race-car-only, then no big deal, but if you want to regularly use your car on the street, a vacuum actuated switch beats the hell out of your fuel pump for a few seconds every single time you turn the ignition on.
Instead, use an engine rpm actuator to trigger the BAP so it only activates above a certain engine rpm (or at WOT). There are several way to accomplish this, but several companies that sell nitrous kits are also rpm activated. Some use a mechanical Micro switch, but for obvious reasons that won't work on ETB cars like the C5. ZEX in particular sells a solid state electronic, adjustable, rpm switch that can easily be adapted for use with the drive by wire throttle body that C5s have. No "pills" or resistors. Set and forget.

Another, more comprehensive, option would be to give Lonnie a call and look at one of his C5 specific double pump setups. He's being making his C5 setups for several years and really knows his stuff.

http://www.lonniesperformance.com/

HTH
The following users liked this post:
Chevy Guy (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for your input!

Get notified of new replies

To ECS Stage 1 auxillary fuel system or BAP?

Quick Reply: ECS Stage 1 auxillary fuel system or BAP?