C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Cooling Issue..2004 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:05 PM
MajorMike
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Cooling Issue..2004 Corvette

Latest on my cooling issues..Shop tested for blown headgaskets.. they tell me THAT is the cause of my overheating issue.
The only sign of blown head gaskets I saw.. the cooling issue...
So another $2000 on this issue.. hope this fixes the issue.
So far.. new radiator, new hoses and belts ( my choice), new water pump, new thermostat and housing, repair drivers side cooling fan, New temp sensor ( also my request).
After all of the above.. still overheating in slow traffic or driving slowly up the mountains..THUS the test for blown head gaskets.
Never a problem with power of engine running. No loss of speed. No sign of anti-freeze in oil. No smoke or mist from exhaust.
Just the overheating issue under load.
Shop says THIS will fix cooling issues.. so we now wait to see if we have a cracked head or any other issues they discover during gasket replace.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Maybe its just me but I would head to a local parts store and purchase a test kit for exhaust gas in the coolant and do my own test before I dole out $2G to pull heads......
ABSOFRIGGENLOOTELY!

BC
Old 09-08-2017, 01:49 PM
ArtClassShank
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

A Blackstone labs oil analysis can get you answers on that. They will analyze your oil and find out whats in it. Any bit of coolant and you got problems. Look them up.

Get notified of new replies

To Update on Cooling Issue..2004 Corvette

Quick Reply: Update on Cooling Issue..2004 Corvette