C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 c5 won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:30 PM
ryanman95
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Thanks.
I've read the whole post, so I'm not just chiming in.
You are a smart guy, so you see where I'm going.
I know you said the clutch switch tested good.
I know you replaced the ign switch.

I did all the same on my 2000.
The ign switch fixed it. Also bought from Ecklers. But there was one time......after all this, it didn't start.

You need a solid 12v on the yellow wire.

Ron
I'm thinking switch again, too. I already tried rearing it apart and cleaning it per a Bill Curlee post, but that didn't change a thing. Maybe there diodes or something inside too? I can try testing the wire between the switch and the fuse block. Maybe that's as clue....
Old 12-17-2017, 09:40 PM
ryanman95
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Red lives!

So, I went through the whole crank circuit again with the multi-meter. Thanks to the schematic in this thread, I could go through item by item. Seems I was getting no voltage at the clutch switch. So, I took it apart (....again...) and tested the crap out of this stupid little 4 piece switch, and it turned out that the contacts weren't touching. I bet the contacts together, and it tested out at like 2 ohms. Plugged it back in, but the key and it fired right up! Amazing. Been through the circuit a dozen times over this last month, but persistence beat back the gremlins once again.

Thank you for all your help! It was incredibly generous use of your time to help me!

the lesson to future readers: patience, methodology pays off.

Quick Reply: 00 c5 won't start.