C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone engine managment and gauges

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 AM
blue02ZO6
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stand alone engine managment and gauges

So is their anyone running a different engine management system and still have factory gauges? I was thinking about running a Holley HP on my 02 ZO6 but would like to have factory gauges working. Not sure if the BCM is tied into the ECM in anyway.
Thanks for ideas and help
Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

The speedo and tach are driven from the PCM via pulse outputs so maybe Holley supports that. I think it's 4000ppm for the speed. Not sure on the tach signal, but I'd guess it's 4 pulses per revolution or basically a pulse each time a cylinder is fired.

Fuel gauge goes through the PCM with 2 senders in to PCM and the gauge output sent to the cluster over the serial bus so I doubt you can keep it.

I can't recall offhand exactly how the oil pressure or engine temperature operate but I'm pretty sure both sensors go through the PCM as well which means they too are likely communicated to the cluster via the serial bus.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 PM
blue02ZO6
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks lionelhutz i figured their would be some stuff. maybe I will just do HP Tuners

Get notified of new replies

To Stand alone engine managment and gauges

Quick Reply: Stand alone engine managment and gauges