C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could clutch replacement cause these codes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 PM
getherejune
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Could clutch replacement cause these codes?

Hi guys. So, I decided to let a reputable shop handle my slave cylinder replacement (yeah, I weenied out because I didn't want to be on my back on the freezing concrete over my Christmas break-almost went for it but the wife wanted to actually see me over vacation so I caved in!) Anyways, while they dropped everything I had them replace the clutch, pilot bearing, rear end seals, etc etc. So, finally was nice enough to take it out for a good drive today (been raining the last 2 weeks since I got it back), and I noticed it was a booger to get in reverse. pulled the codes on the DIC and got P0801 (reverse inhibit solenoid) and a P0650 (MIL control circuit). I'm thinking (and hoping) that they just forgot to plug back in the reverse solenoid, so going to run it by and have them fix that. But, could the P0650 could have been caused by the shops work or is it thrown because of the P0801 code? Or are they totally unrelated? Just want to know so when I take it back I have some knowledge about the MIL control circuit. Thanks tons for any help
jp

Quick Reply: Could clutch replacement cause these codes?