C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lateral accelerometer - needed after mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 03:11 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Lateral accelerometer - needed after mods?

for my 1999 FRC track car, I have just disabled active handling by unhooking the steering wheel sensor.

My next step in preparing the car for the track is installation of racing seats and harnesses. I have removed the stock seats and brackets, and will use a low profile Marrad seat base (no sliders).

When pre fitting the new seat base, I find that it sits atop a hump in the floor on the passenger side, which I understand to be the lateral accelerometer.

I have found instructions for relocating the accelerometer, but I wonder if I even need it , having already disabled active handling.

Does the the lateral accelerometer perform any other functions so that it remains necessary?

Last edited by emptnest; 02-17-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

IF,,,,,, you disabled the EBTCM, that sensor is not going to make a difference. Its only used to compute for active handling.

BC
Old 02-17-2018, 05:15 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I disconnected only the steering wheel sensor. Traction control and ABS remain active.

Get notified of new replies

To Lateral accelerometer - needed after mods?

Quick Reply: Lateral accelerometer - needed after mods?