C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Brake Flasher

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:32 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Glad you found the problem and now everything is working as it should

Originally Posted by mrlmd
...The solution is to take the flasher connections you made, red to red, black to black, apart, and to reverse them, red to black, black to red in the middle of the harness...
Wouldn't it be possible as well to remove the pins from the spliced connectors and reinsert them swapping their position? This way polarity will be fine and there wouldn't be any counterintuitive color swapping.

Last edited by GCG; 12-29-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:48 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

I looked at that but couldn't see how to get them out of the connectors without damaging or breaking them, so I did it my way, probably harder but effective. And you have to do that on both ends of the harness. Or, I could have just cut the wires near the connectors and reconnected them in reverse. But you get the idea, the feed and the harness have reversed colors so somehow the flasher and the brakelight needs to have the correct polarity, anyway you want to do it.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlmd
I looked at that but couldn't see how to get them out of the connectors without damaging or breaking them, so I did it my way, probably harder but effective. And you have to do that on both ends of the harness. Or, I could have just cut the wires near the connectors and reconnected them in reverse. But you get the idea, the feed and the harness have reversed colors so somehow the flasher and the brakelight needs to have the correct polarity, anyway you want to do it.
I went back in after reading your post and switched the wires around. Using the temp sensor harness and switching the wires did the trick. All good and works perfectly.
You did all the work so thanks...
Old 12-30-2018, 12:10 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

Glad it worked out for you too.
And that's what this forum is all about. No matter how serious or insignificant the problem is, each little bit counts, we're all here for each other.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:12 PM
LannyL81
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 71 Posts

Good to hear.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:54 PM
J. Kent
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Learning_Curve
If I remember correctly, wire colors on the module and the harness were opposite.
That's a pretty important detail to omit! I made the "plug n play" as you described with a Krator Dyna Flash and NONE of my brake lights worked! Panicked, then re-read all of the relevant threads.

YES--the wires are reversed. Splice red to black, black to red on both the IN and OUT sides. Then it works perfectly.

And thank you mrlmd!

Love the Plug n Play

Last edited by J. Kent; 09-10-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:59 PM
J. Kent
Instructor

Default Is this even possible?

The day after installing the flasher I'm getting "Service Active Handling" and "Service Traction Control" messages. Coincidence?
Now what?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:10 PM
J. Kent
Instructor

Removed the Dyna Flash and the "Service Traction Control" and "Service Active Handling" messages went away. No more 5th light flasher for me! Anyone else have this problem?
I have the trailer/RV LED tail lights with a hyperflash eliminator. Used the Dyna Flash and wiring harness described above. Red & Black was reversed because it did not work at all with red-to-red & black-to-black. With the reversed wiring as described by mrlmd it flashed as it should but it also threw those Service messages.

Quick Reply: Cheap Brake Flasher