C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough idle, hesitation below 1,500 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 05:36 PM
dpaulfinch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle, hesitation below 1,500 RPM

Without breaking the bank what are you guys suggestions on replacement injectors for a 99? Nobody seems to know what the next step should be. The last guy had the car for 8 weeks and it still has a problem. Don't get me wrong, he did a lot on the car, just could not find the rough running engine problem.Symptom One; below 1.500 there is a very noticeable irregular hesitation in acceleration. It is not a regular miss like it was originally, now it's irregular. Above 1,500 RPM it screams!
The injectors have been replaced with (yeah, I know, Chinese aftermarket units). The left tank pump and right tank sender/whatever it is and filter/regulator have all been replaced. Most of the Evap stuff has also been replaced but I think that was a different problem. The last guy that worked on it said the fuel rail had some rust in it and needs to be replaced. I have a really clean fuel rail from Vette Villans, just have not had time to install it yet. I may want to do something on the injectors at the same time.Symptom Two; the engine idles fairly rough but again when idled up to over 1,500 the miss goes away and acceleration is great at RPM and above.Before I purchased the car last June it sat for ten years with no attention at all. The gas tanks were sludged up really bad but then have been cleaned and should not be the problem.The only engine code is shown in the enclosed photo. I may not get to do much on the C5 till after Christmas, the other photo should explain why.Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Rough idle, hesitation below 1,500 RPM