C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shorty Header sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 04:59 PM
jefe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorty Header sound

Have a friend that is considering B&B shorty headers. He has the Corsa exhaust and was wondering if there would be a sound difference with the shorties. I have long tubes and could tell a difference but I have never heard a C5 with shorties. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:14 PM
NastyC5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Shorty Header sound (jefe)

I had B&B's on mine. They made it louder, I liked it :cool:
Old 12-31-2002, 01:12 AM
dads01dream
Melting Slicks

Anyone here know the performance difference between the shorties vs. long tube headers?? I'd like to do shorties myself, but if there's a BIG performance advantage to the LT's I may have to change direction.

:lurk:
Old 12-31-2002, 02:02 AM
Barely Legal
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Shorty Header sound (dads01dream)

7-9 HP vs 15-20 for long tubes on a stock motor. CA smog pretty much forces our hand.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:10 AM
NEPTUNEBILL
Melting Slicks

I had shortys with off road x and corsa's and it was loud as hell after the H/C package and even louder after the blower, I am changing out to LT's haven't decided which I think they will make another 10 or so rwhp, I also changed to a GHL exhaust as it gave me 18 more rwhp and similar torgue, has a much nicer muscle car sound and not nearly as loud (shrill). But this exhaust is made for modded cars and will still get 5 to 7 on a stock LS1. I added other things when I did the shorties so I don't know what they might have added alone. I will know when I add the long tubes but then I am forging the bottom and putting big valve ls6 heads as well as a few other goodies.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:17 AM
Y2Kvert4me
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03
Default Re: Shorty Header sound (dads01dream)

Anyone here know the performance difference between the shorties vs. long tube headers?? I'd like to do shorties myself, but if there's a BIG performance advantage to the LT's I may have to change direction.

:lurk:
It's been said the stock 01+ manifolds actually outflow the shorty headers, so I wouldn't even consider them in your case. I have a 2001, and the FLP long tubes made a VERY noticible SOTP difference in power.

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Shorty Header sound

Quick Reply: Shorty Header sound